1. Exercise At Least Three Times a Week
Exercise can be something as non-strenuous and simple as a long walk
2. Maintain a Healthy Diet
Eating a balanced diet helps the body heal and recover
3. Try to Always Maintain a Good Posture
Don’t slouch at your computer or when standing
4. Stretch, Stretch, Stretch!
It’s important to stretch your muscles before and after exercise
5. Don’t Turn Your Purse or Backpack into a Suitcase
Try not to stuff too many items in and carry over both shoulders to help balance your posture
6. When Seated for an Hour, Get Up and Move Around
It’s important to keep the blood flowing through your muscles
7. If You Use a Phone at Work, Get a Head Set
To avoid neck pain, never hold the phone between your ear and shoulder
8. Never Sleep on Your Belly!
Always sleep on your back or side to maintain proper alignment
9. Spend the money on a good mattress and chair at work
You sleep 8 hours and sit all day at work, treat your spine well!
10. Get Checked Out By Your Chiropractor Regularly
It’s better to maintain a healthy spine then correct an injury
If you are interested in maintain a healthy spine, call 312-337-4004 to set up an appointment with Dr. Michael Kauf.